Saturday, July 18, 2015

Work Readiness Skills

1. One example of when my work readiness skills came into play was when I was at my internship and I had a lot of work to do. I was writing a whole new blog post for their website and I had just finished another one previously. Diligence was a big factor that came into play here, because even though I was getting tired I pushed through and still did my best to write the best blog that I could. I worked diligently for many hours without breaks, and at the end of the day I finished the blog and my supervisors really liked it.
2. Literacy is another work readiness skill that really contributed to my success at my internship. As mentioned before, I write lots of blogs and advice for my internship, so the ability to read and write and type effectively and efficiently has made my job much easier and better. 
3. Effective communication with adults has been an area that I said I could work on, and I have been practicing with my supervisors. The need for growth in this area has made me work harder towards voicing my own opinions and asking lots of questions. I think I am definitely improving in this area. 
4. Another skill that I could work on is professionalism because I had trouble knowing the appropriate dresswear. However, I payed attention to my 3 supervisors and tried to dress the way they did, which was sometimes just normal jeans and other times were dresses. So I made sure to wear clothes that seemed appropriate in that setting such as t-shirts and jeans. The dress code seems fairly casual, so I made sure not to overdress, but also not to underdress as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment