Monday, July 27, 2015

Blog #4

The total of my future expenses each year are about  27,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are websites such as Living Wage.
According to websites such Living Wage and Truity, I can likely count on making $100,000 each year in my future job as a movie producer.  My education/training to get that job will cost about $30,000 total for all years of training.
I want to save $8,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $9,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $9,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $405,000 plus interest.
Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that being a movie producer may be a profitable job, at least in supporting myself. I know in an industry like film, salaries increase and job positions increase with time. I know that in the beginning I won’t be making that much money but I just to encourage myself to work hard. I definitely want a job where I will be able to save money too, especially for things like retirement and leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment