Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Final Blog Post

This Internship has been a tremendous experience. I've learned so much about radio journalism, and I continue to be amazed by the incredible opportunities this experience has given me. I've met some incredibly intelligent people, I've had intellectual, thoughtful discussions and I've reported on excellent stores. And that's just with my peers! I met some of the world's most leading environmental activists and I got the opportunity to share my opinions on their work.

The Career Pathways Academy really allowed me to grow as a person and as a future job applicant. I've learned so much about workplace skills and I was able to transfer them into my internship. I've been using my Linkden to connect with teachers, past employers, current employers and potential future employers to broaden my opportunities. Also, now I can put the link of my google site onto my next job application! The skills that I have learned are so valuable and I only have Mr. Morales To Thank for them!!

Catriona has been an incredible supervisor. She's been helpful, thoughtful, and inspirational. She encouraged us to stretch our minds as we researched potential leads. We were able to find angles on news stories that we'd never thought about because of her. My writing, editing and researching skills have grown so much over the past three weeks. Also, Catriona has given us the opportunity to meet so many world renowned environmentalists. Even Cheryl Jennings from ABC7!

No comments:

Post a Comment