Sunday, July 26, 2015

My last Blog

This summer, I am very grateful for the experiences I have had. My internship showed me a lot of what the real world is like and the CPA class has shown me how to prepare for it. Most of the time, I spend my summers at home watching Netflix and scrolling through Pinterest. But my internship has made my summer feel purposeful and has kept me occupied. I am grateful for the work readiness skills we learned in class. When I was at my internship, I was thinking about them all of the time. How can I do this better? How can I improve this skill? I am grateful for the administrators, teachers, and other adults who have made the CPA classes possible. I have learned how much I need to do to prepare for the future. I also learned that I really love tracking my budget, which is a little odd. My friend and I are trying to fund raise for a project we are doing and I made us a spreadsheet for our budget and it was really fun. Through the CPA class, I have become more aware of what it takes to be a great worker. With all of the skills that we learned, I now have something to make me more appealing to employers and colleges. I am also really grateful for my internship. During that almost 2 month period, I learned a lot. I had a wonderful time and I am extremely grateful. Everyone was so nice and I always felt welcome. I didn't feel like the high school intern. I really liked doing the discoveries and exploration quizzes on Waybook. I know that  this kind of opportunity isn't available for a lot of people and that I am lucky to have it. These kind of skills are going to be the ones that I use for the rest of my life, unlike a lot of the things I learned in my math class.

1 comment:

  1. I also feel as though this summer has been very productive and the CPA class and my internship gave a lot of purpose to it! I'm glad you also had a great experience with your internship!

    ReplyDelete