Monday, July 20, 2015

Blog 4


  • In fifteen years, I will have hopefully finished college and graduate school, and will be living in San Francisco.The total of my future expenses per year would be around $70,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are Apartments.com and my wise parents.

  • According to indeed.com I can likely count on making around $52,000 to $58,000 each year in my future job as a Bay Area journalist or photojournalist.  My education/training to get that job will cost around $100,000 total (excluding financial aid and scholarships) for all years of training.
  • I want to save $100 for my rainy day fund each year, and $2000 for retirement each year.  If I save $2000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $130,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses shows me that I will need to live with roommates if I want an apartment in San Francisco. And it looks like my career aspirations will limit my future lifestyle. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, because I value my interests more than wealth. But I may still want to look for a more lucrative job if I want to live in the Bay Area.

3 comments:

  1. I like that you thought about how living in the bay area will affect your lifestyle in the future. Roommates is definitely a good solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CPA San Francisco Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ca estimated tax payment Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete