Sunday, July 26, 2015

Blog #5

This summer I became extremely grateful for where I live. Every day this summer, I have been lucky enough to experience the beauty that Marin has to offer. Whether it's taking a hike in Madrone Canyon, or swimming through the ice cold water of the Inkwells, I'm never bored with the open and public space that Marin has to offer. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate natural beauty during the school year when your mind is occupied on schoolwork and grades but this summer has offered me time to look around and appreciate what is around me.
This new outlook of my surroundings was a perspective that I learned from the artist at my internship, Jane Chamblerin, who drew scenes from San Francisco that I would otherwise not notice. She drew entire books of small saloons and little alleyways of a city that I go to all the time, yet I've never seen any of these tiny hole-in-the-walls. By looking at her drawings and other works of art, I learned to look more closely at the world I live in.
On another note, the class broadened by perspective on the "real world" and how many careers there are out there. By learning about other students' internships, I learned that there are so many opportunities available that include a variety of different skill sets.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to read about your more general experience this summer, and how this class and your internship effected your current life, not what may go on for you in the future.

    ReplyDelete