Thursday, July 23, 2015

#5: The Last One!

I am grateful that I did  a summer internship and took the classes. I had such a fun experience with them.
I really liked all the self-discovery tests and activities we did with Waybook. I learned that I'm a naturally curious person and that some of my strengths include kindness, humor, the capacity to love and be loved, and creativity. I also liked that the classes got me thinking about my future (like way in the future). It's made me realize how many things I have to decide that haven't even crossed my mind.
My internship at Gap was great, even though they weren't really sure what to do with me. I learned so many interesting things about retail. For instance, some clothes from online orders don't come from a factory, they actually come from the stores. Also, the individual stores from big brands are shown how their stores should look (what the mannequins wear, how the clothes are folded and laid out). I learned the steps of correctly dressing a mannequin and that it is a lot harder than you'd think. I'm grateful that everyone working at Gap was welcoming and friendly to me.
If I hadn't done a summer internship, I would have spent a lot more time staying at home, watching Netflix. The internship and the classes got me out and about and walking... a lot.

2 comments:

  1. This was the funniest blog I read, for sure. But you could have appreciated a little more about your internship.Still it was a good blog, and I liked when you said "My internship at Gap was great, even though they were not really sure what to do with me." because it happened to me sometimes too. Good luck in your future plans and well done this summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog and I'm glad your experience at Gap was at least a good one. Good luck in the future :)

    ReplyDelete