Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Blog #4

The total of my future expenses each year are $50,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are collegeboard trends and my parents.

According to collegegrad.com I can likely count on making $87,000 each year in my future job as a Biomedical Engineer.  My education/training to get that job will cost $300,000 total for all years of training.

I want to save $400 for my rainy day fund each year, and $5,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $3,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $235,000 plus interest.

Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that my life will be very modest in the beginning, and I will really need to focus on saving money and working hard well into my 30's.

No comments:

Post a Comment