Monday, July 20, 2015

In Ten Years

In ten years, I already will have had 2 years working as an actress in New York, Los Angeles, or Marin County. I will have at least a bachelors degree in Dramatic Arts.
  • The total of my future expenses each year are $130,000  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are my mom and New York Times Magazine. 
  • According to CNN I can likely count on making $100,000 each year in my future job as an actress. My education/training to get that job will cost $231,800 total for all years of training.
  • I want to save $50,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $10,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $10,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $400,000 plus interest on investments.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that I have quite a bit to plan for. It definitely won't be as simple as I expected. 

1 comment:

  1. Why do you want to save more money in your rainy day fund than towards your retirement?

    ReplyDelete