Monday, July 27, 2015

Job Titles

I'm not 100% sure of what I want to be majoring in for college, but I've been thinking about it a lot as I've been growing up. Some of the things that I've thought about before include a movie producer, pharmacist, and marketing/advertising person. Those are all three completely different things, but that just reflects that I am still open and not completely sure which path I want to take.

An executive movie producer’s salary is about $139,000 and this is one who would be working in San Francisco. If I were to be a producer, I would definitely be working in San Francisco. There isn’t a specific educational requirement for producers, but a bachelor’s degree in film and cinema is the most ideal. Producers need to be very clever and creative. They need leadership and management skills, and also need to be a very good communicator.

A pharmacist’s annual salary in california is about $132,000. It ranges from state to state but relatively, they’re about in the $100,000 range. To be a pharmacist, you need a PhD and then you must pass two exams to get a license. Some important qualities required include analytical skills, communication skills, and one must be detail oriented.

On the other hand, a marketing and promotions manager’s salary is an average of $115,000 a year (2012). These salaries however are much higher in big industrial cities such as New York or California. These jobs require a lot of creativity, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and of course lots of communication skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment