Monday, July 20, 2015

Blog #4

  • The total of my future expenses each year are approximately $22,500.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are other similarly situated filmmakers as well as websites like Living Wage and Take Charge America.

  • According to financial planning websites such as the ones listed above, I can likely count on making $72,000 each year in my future job as a production designer.  My education/training to get that job will cost $20,000 total for all years of training.

  • I want to save $6,500 for my rainy day fund each year, and $9,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $9,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $405,000 plus interest.

  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that filmmaking can be a very profitable job as long as one changes certain lifestyle habits to fit their particular occupation.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully, you can become what you want and live happily. Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope that it works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good goals! You'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome goals! Mine are very similar to yours. Film has also always interested me too.

    ReplyDelete