Friday, July 3, 2015

Positive and Negative Predictions

TWO EXAMPLES of how you used the Work Readiness Skills in your internship in a positive way, or in a way that supported success.  Describe the situation and what you learned.  Describe 1-2 examples of how your Work Readiness Skill weakness/area of growth held you back, or caused you to have to work harder.

I have not begun my internship yet, so here I will discuss the work readiness skills I plan to use.

Positives
I've been communicating effectively: The plans for my internship have been in the works for a while, and the supervisor has recently been corresponding with us. I was a little unsure of the precise scheduling, so I emailed her to confirm. I was grateful I did, because the first day we are planning to meet was a different day than I thought it was. She has mentioned future dates for field trips that we will have to schedule, and I plan on confirming with her throughout that process as well.

I've been diligent about my first assignment: My supervisor gave us an assignment that is due on the first day we meet. I thoroughly read the explanation and then began researching it. I've been doing little bits of work on the assignment everyday. Also, my supervisor sent us information about the organization she works with, which I reviewed. I took it a step further and went to their website to read about even more programs they offer. Now that I have stayed on top of my responsibilities, I feel as though I will be prepared for the first day.

Negatives

Literacy: I consider myself a very literate person, but at first I did not clearly understand the due date for the first assignment. I hadn't checked my emails for a couple of days, and I was overwhelmed with the number of emails. In the future, I plan to check my emails everyday so I can clearly understand the  instructions from my supervisor.

6 comments:

  1. It's good that you took the initiative to research even more than expected. This will show some professionalism and your dedication to the organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communication is very important in any job and its really good that you're taking time to make sure everything is smoothed out and do your own research to make sure you're reaching your full potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you have taken time to make sure you are absolutely ready for you internship. I am trying to work on preparing for assignments too. I hope your first day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you have taken time to make sure you are absolutely ready for you internship. I am trying to work on preparing for assignments too. I hope your first day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great that you have taken time to make sure you are absolutely ready for you internship. I am trying to work on preparing for assignments too. I hope your first day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to double check and confirm all the dates. Also, good job doing your assignment day by day instead of procrastinating. Good luck in your internship!

    ReplyDelete