Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Blog #4 10 years in the future!

  • The total of my future expenses each year are $50,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are the Bereau of Labor Statistics and budgeting.thenest.com. 
  • The salary of a t.v. writer depends on the success of a show and the number of previous series. According to the Huffington Post and the Writer's Guild of America, I can likely count on making $$96,000 for one series, so yearly. That is the minimum for a t.v. series writer who works on a 22 episode series Of course, one can have little or o training to be a t.v. writer, but if I went to college, my education/training to get that job will cost close to $124,000 or $36,556. That is just the average tuition of a private university and a public university without the financial loans and scholarships.
  • I want to save $350 for my rainy day fund each year, and $4,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $4,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $160,000plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that I should carefully plan my lifestyle budget and save as soon as I get my first paycheck. I should also work in college to help that tuition!

1 comment:

  1. A T.V. writer sounds so interesting! I totally agree that it's important to carefully plan a lifestyle budget. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete